Winter Warmer: Smoked Salmon Pita Pizza
Wednesday, July 2013A lighter take on the regular carb-dense pizza, this smoked salmon pizza will help kick any takeaway cravings to the curb! Rich in Omega 3, with plenty of vitamins and minerals, it has so many health properties beneficial for the winter months. It's also great for the immune system, skin and promotes a healthy mind – do we need to give you any more reasons to start heating the oven?
- 220 gram smoked salmon slices
- 4 wholemeal pita breads
- 4 tbsp tomato Napoli sauce
- 50 g baby spinach leaves
- ½ red onion, sliced into rings
- 4 bocconcini cheese balls, cut/torn into halves
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 tsp capers, drained
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place pita bread onto a tray lined with baking paper and spread tomato Napoli sauce evenly on them.
- Top with spinach, red onion, bocconcini cheese balls, sun-dried tomato pesto, capers and salmon slices (cut salmon slices in half so for a more even
distribution across pizzas) and bake for 10 mins or until base is crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve.