What's For Dinner? Mid-Week Meal Inspiration
Tuesday, April 2016
These yummy cheesy autumn mushrooms are the perfect pick for a simple ‘Meat Free Monday’ meal, or just a great quick (and low carb!) cool weather snack.
Cheesy Autumn Mushrooms
- 4 large mushrooms (flat or field mushrooms are perfect)
- 100g blue cheese
- 25g walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1Tbl butter, cut into small pieces
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- Arrange the mushrooms on a baking tray, with their undersides exposed. Crumble the cheese, walnuts, thyme leaves and butter evenly on top of the mushrooms.
- Pop in the oven at 200°C and cook for 10 mins or until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are softened. Arrange some rocket leaves on plates and place the mushrooms on top.
- Serve the mushrooms with a good handful of fresh rocket leaves, and enjoy!