Traditional Treats: Our Recipe for Anzacs!
Wednesday, April 2015With Step into Life training grounds all over this amazing country, we feel incredibly lucky and appreciative of those who have fought for our freedoms. We’re not sure about your plans for marking the Anzac commemoration, but the one thing that we know that we’ll definitely be doing is sharing some yummy Anzac biscuits with our loved ones (just don’t tell our nannas that we’ve tweaked the recipe a little!)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated or flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup flaked or chopped almonds
- 2 1/2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey (you can also use organic maple syrup or rice syrup if that is your preference)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Mix together the oats, coconut and almonds in a food processor and wiz together, processing it to a rough consistency (you still want some good sized oat flakes in there)
- Add the oil, honey and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the water and mix thoroughly (adding water will help the cookie mixture stick together).
- Shape the mix into small balls and flatten them with the back of a fork on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Bake for 20 – 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Try to let your biscuits cool completely before eating (but hey, we won’t blame you if you can’t wait that long – these will make your house smell AMAZING!)