Tasty Treat: Choc Hazel Bliss Balls
Wednesday, July 2013
Brace yourself for these delicious protein bombs! A healthy snack alternative, these bliss balls are a perfect pick-me-up treat or post-workout reward. If you’re a bit of a chocaholic, you may wish to roll and coat the balls in cacao powder instead of coconut for some extra chocolatey goodness. BLISS! Remember, we’re talking cacao here (usually found in your local health food store), not cocoa from the supermarket!
- 1 cup of dried dates
- 3/4 cup of almonds
- 3/4 cup of hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup cacao nibs
- ½ cup goji berries
- Desiccated coconut to roll and coat the balls
- Place almonds, hazelnuts, shredded coconut and cacao nibs into a food processor and process until you get rough flour consistency.
- Add goji berries and dates, process until all ingredients are blended well.
- Roll the blended mixture into bite size balls then coated in desiccated coconut. Too easy!