Soba Noodle Salad & Ginger Peanut Dressing
Wednesday, July 2013Ingredients
- 170 grams low-sodium soba noodles
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or nut butter)
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, sliced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoon chopped peanuts (optional)
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain, and rinse under cold running water.
- Purée peanut butter, vinegar, agave nectar, ginger, soy sauce, garlic, lime juice, lime zest, and 1/4 cup cilantro in blender or food processor until
smooth and creamy, adding two to three tablespoons of warm water to thin, if necessary.
- Toss together noodles, cucumber, cucumber, carrot, and peanut butter mixture. Garnish with remaining cilantro and chopped peanuts to taste.