Sassy, Naked Flavour: Fresh Burrito Bowl
Wednesday, May 2014Once you add on all of the tasty extras, the burrito bowl at your favourite Mexican takeaway that initially seemed so healthy is suddenly loaded with extra kilojoules that even the toughest of cardio sessions would struggle to burn off. The solution? DIY fresh and healthy burrito bowl! Get to the kitchen and get friendly with this naked take on the beloved burrito that comes in at 350 calories per fresh and filling serve. It’s quick and easy, too… saucy!
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1 teaspoon chicken broth
- Pinch of cumin
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of oregano
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, sliced thin
- 85 grams pre-cooked grilled chicken breast, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp non-fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp fresh salsa
- Fresh coriander, for garnish
- Sliced spring onion, for garnish
- Microwave black beans with chicken broth, oregano, cumin, cayenne, and garlic powder on high for 30 to 45 seconds until heated. Set aside.
- Add red cabbage to serving bowl, and spoon black beans on top. Layer your sliced grilled chicken breast, greek yoghurt, salsa, and garnish with coriander
and spring onion.