Ribboned Carrot Salad
Wednesday, June 2013This delicious and fast recipe stores well overnight in the fridge, so can easily be kept for a refreshing lunch the next day, or eaten the next night at dinner! If you're sensitive to spicy foods, then just start with 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes and add more to taste. For an even easier version of this recipe, you can simply grate the peeled carrots - you won't get the nice long ribbons of carrot, but you will save some time!
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 700 g carrots, peeled lengthwise into thin ribbons
- 1 cup tightly packed cilantro leaves
- Make carrot ribbons by peeling carrots, then swiping the peeler from the flat end to the tip.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegars, honey, sesame oil, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Pour the dressing over the carrots, add the cilantro, and toss well. Season to taste with salt, and serve.