Quinoa Pizza Bites
Tuesday, October 2013Ingredients
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup fat free shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup diced cherry tomatoes or finely chopped red capscium
- Pinch of salt
- Pizza sauce for dipping
- Cook the quinoa by boiling the quinoa in 1 cup of water and covering. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients (except the pizza sauce) in a mixing bowl until well mixed.
- Lightly spray the bottom of a mini-muffin tin with olive oil spray. Using a tablespoon, scoop quinoa mix into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes then allow to cool. Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping.