No-Cheese Vegan Quesadillas
Wednesday, August 2013Ingredients
- 1 large vegan tortilla (or wrap)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 avocado, cubed or sliced
- 1-2 limes (Use 1 squeeze for the vegetables, and the rest sliced up for serving)
- Salt & herbs/spices to taste
- 1/3 cup garlic hommus OR vegan refried/mashed black beans
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon olive oil for pan
- Add chopped onion, tomato and avocado to a large bowl along with the spices - be sure to salt a bit and add some spices for flavour. Add a squeeze
of lime juice and mix ingredients together.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over high heat.
- Place the tortillas in the oiled pan to warm them and toast the edges a bit. You can even flip once to warm the inside surface if using thick tortillas.
- Remove the warmed tortillas from pan and slather the hommus or beans over the inside, then add a generous amount of the avocado mixture.
- Close the tortilla and carefully place in hot pan, cooking for 1-2 minutes on each side. Flip carefully and push the filling back inside the tortilla
if it falls out.
- Serve warm with fresh lime wedges and some additional avocado mix on the side.
Serves 1-2 as snack.