Keep It Simple: No Bake Apple Crumble
Wednesday, July 2014Over 160 Step into Life Trainers from Australia and New Zealand gathered in sunny Cairns over the weekend for our annual National Conference. Amongst the burpees, sunshine, crocodiles and fun, the Step into Life team was lucky enough to be treated to some amazing muesli bars, courtesy of the lovely folk at Carman’s. These delicious healthy treats were the perfect fuel for a weekend full of inspiration and exercise! So this week, we’re pleased to bring you a recipe from Carman’s range of goodies to help you find some inspiration of your own in the kitchen. Enjoy this no bake apple crumble as a scrumptious winter dessert, or as the perfect post-workout breakfast!
- 6 granny smith apples
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 fresh dates, chopped
- 20g roasted almonds
- 1 x 40g packet Carman’s Gourmet Honey Roasted Nut Porridge
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Peel, core and chop apples into small wedges and place in a medium saucepan with boiling water, cinnamon, vanilla bean and brown sugar. Bring to the
boil and reduce heat to a simmer for 15 – 20 minutes until the apples are soft but haven’t lost their shape.
- Spoon the stewed apples into individual dishes (if you’re lucky you might have some leftover to have on top your Carman’s muesli in the morning).
- Blitz the dates, almonds and Carman’s Gourmet Roasted Honey Nut Porridge in a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Top the apple with the crumble topping and serve with a dollop of yoghurt.
Note: you can substitute the apples with poached pears or rhubarb, even fresh cut fruit works just as well.
A very special thanks to Carman’s for helping to fuel some very hungry Group Outdoor Personal Trainers at our 2014 conference! You can view Carman’s enticing range of quality products, including their gluten free range