Guilt-free Goodies: Frozen Banana Bites
Tuesday, April 2013Looking for something new & tasty to make with your overripe bananas instead of banana bread? Look no further, we have a delicious solution for you!
These frozen banana bites are ridiculously good and SO easy to make! Store them in an airtight container in the freezer for whenever the temptation for a sweet treat hits you, and enjoy a guilt-free goodie instead!
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp. all natural creamy peanut butter OR nut butter - both are available in the Health Food aisle of your supermarket
- 1/4 cup non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- Peel one banana and mash it finely with the peanut butter (or nut butter) and yogurt using a fork. Set aside.
- Peel the other four bananas. Slice into 1.5 cm thick slices.
- Smear the banana, peanut butter and yogurt mixture on half the banana slices and top with the other halves, making little banana sandwiches.
- Place on a wooden cutting board or a plate and freeze for at least two hours... then try not to eat them all at once!