Festive Treats: Raw Truffles
Tuesday, December 2013We’re in love with these raw (and vegan!) truffles at Step into Life HQ – which is fine, because not only are they infinitely more delicious than the average truffle, but they’re also healthier! Grab your food processor and get rolling – put these in a pretty glass jar with a pretty ribbon around the top and you have a perfectly indulgent Christmas gift ready to surprise someone with! For an even richer taste, lightly dust each ball with raw cacao powder.
- 2 cups plain, natural almonds
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean (can be substituted for 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 15 fresh pitted dates
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Combine almonds, raw cacao powder and cinnamon in food processor, and process until mixture is crumbly.
- Add vanilla, agave nectar, dates, coconut oil to the mix, and process until combined. If the mixture is still too dry, add ½ a tablespoon more of agave
- Remove mix from the processor, and roll tightly into small balls (1/2~ 2/3 size of a golf ball). Store in an airtight container (if you can restrain
yourself from enjoying them all in the one sitting!).