Eggs baked in avocado
Wednesday, June 2013If you struggle to fit in a healthy breakfast (or any form of breakfast at all!), then this recipe is for you. Beyond the heart-healthy fatty acids and high protein count, this quick low-sugar and fibre-filled breakfast will kick off your day on a healthy high note!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 fresh eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives (optional – serve with whatever fresh herbs you have available, or a little bit of salsa even!)
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Slice the avocados in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out about two tablespoons of flesh from the centre of the avocado, just enough so the egg will
fit snugly in the centre.
- Place the avocados in a small baking dish. Do your best to make sure they fit tightly.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half. Try your best to crack the yolk in first, then let the egg whites spill in to fill up the rest of the shell.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Just make sure the egg whites have
enough time to set.
- Remove from oven, then season with pepper, chives or garnish of your choice. Enjoy!