Crunchy Parsnip Chips
Tuesday, June 2013Switch up your carbs with these amazing crunchy parsnip chips! Quick and easy to make, this recipe is great served as a side, or just as a snack.
- 1 kg parsnips peeled, cut into about 1 cm thick strips
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus 5 sprigs rosemary
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more) ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 230°. Mix parsnips, chopped rosemary, garlic, and oil on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer. Scatter rosemary sprigs over.
- Roast for 10 minutes; turn parsnips and roast until parsnips are tender and browned in spots for 10–15 minutes longer.
- Crumble leaves from rosemary sprigs over; discard stems and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon cumin over. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more cumin, if desired.