Chia Pot Frittatas
Tuesday, February 2014These tasty little frittatas are perfect to pack as leftovers for a lunchbox treat or great for a lazy weekend brunch. Your digestive system will love the high-fibre content of the chia, which is also jam-packed with Omega-3 and protein!
- 8 pieces Bakers Delight Chia Bread
- 3 tbsp melted butter (reserve 2 tbsp)
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) milk of choice
- ½ tsp sea salt & pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup diced ham (optional)
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- ½ cup finely chopped spinach
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 cup grated cheese (reserve half)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Prepare ramekins or other small baking containers by rubbing with 1 tbsp butter. Trim bread crust and cut bread to fit the bottom and sides of the
baking dish. You’ll need 8 – 10 slices depending on your container.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt & pepper together. Add the rest of the ingredients., then mix to combine. Divide mixture between baking dishes and sprinkle
with remaining cheese.
- Brush melted butter on the bread above the egg mixture. Place ramekins on a baking tray and bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until the centre is set. You may need to cover loosely with baking paper to prevent the bread from browning too quickly. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Tip: You can also line the ramekins with baking paper for easy clean up and set them on a baking tray to easily get them in and out of the oven and in case of any overflow.
Want to win a year’s supply of bread from Bakers Delight? Head along to Fitness N.O.W, our National Open Week THIS WEEK, for your chance to score this delicious prize and more! Non-members can enjoy FREE and unlimited training with Step into Life all week from February 10-16 – head here to find out more and reserve your free training before the week is up!