Avocado, veggie and chia bread sandwich
Tuesday, February 2014Looking for a slice of luxury to whip together this weekend? This beautiful recipe is an absolute breeze to whip up and goes down perfectly with a cup of tea and the paper. The fresh Wholemeal Chia Omega-3 Loaf from our buddies at Bakers Delight is packed with omega-3s for a healthy mind and body and is sure to please.
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup crumbled fetta
- ½ tsp sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 slices Wholemeal Chia Loaf
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 4 medium pieces roasted or fresh capsicum
- 8 thin cucumber slices
- Mash the avocado and lemon juice together in a bowl and add the fetta, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Toast the bread, if desired and divide the avocado mash between the bread slices and spread on each piece.
- Top each with a little spinach, roasted capsicum and cucumber, and enjoy!
Tip: Sauté a few mushrooms in a little olive oil and salt to add even more delicious flavour to this gourmet veggie treat.
Want to win a year’s supply of bread from Bakers Delight? Head along to Fitness N.O.W, our National Open Week, for your chance to score this delicious prize and more! Non-members can enjoy FREE and unlimited training with Step into Life all week from February 10-16 – head here to find out more and reserve your free training!